Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Introducing....Me

"Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine?" -Rip Torn, in Dodgeball

I'm not sure if this is necessary. I'm going to use this site mostly for reviews. I come from a movie-watching family, at about 12 got REALLY into movies, have been for a while. One of my favorite Web sites is http://www.metacritic.com/, where you can see about 30 critics' reviews for almost any movie, as soon as they're released. For instance, the first reviews for Liam Neeson's The Grey, due out this Friday, are available on that site. Found that site back when I was looking for people who were sharing in my adulation of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, and I keep going back to it ever since. I've learned that it's great to read good reviews a movie you like, but way more fun to read reviews of a movie critics hated (especially if you didn't like it or are indifferent). Oh yeah. It's funny. Anyway, I guess I've read enough reviews in my day that I think like a critic, and often have more to say, once I've seen a movie, than "Oh, it was good" or "Oh, it sucked". So I'm trying this. I usually have a lot I want to say, to expel, to GET OUT OF MY SYSTEM, some way, after I watch a movie, so this is how I'm gonna do it. Might even arrange something where I rent at least one movie a week and review it, and see one movie a week in theatres and review it. Something like that.

Yep. Me being a movie nerd, I'll start each non-review post with a favorite movie quote (that particular one, from Dodgeball, always gets me) just to keep up the movielover vibe. And I may tweak the design of this blog later, but, right now, I'm satisfied with just getting it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment